Monday, March 16, 2009

First Time for Everything

Monday morning. I missed my quiet time and I layed back down after Jamie and Emily left for school. Lauren woke me up at 8:45. Don't you just love to start the day off that way? Despite what it sounds like, I am still encouraged about this week. We had a great service yesterday and I am still pondering Nehemiah. Do you know Nehemiah? What an incredible man of God!! Brian, my co-teacher, and myself have been teaching on him all month. We teach co-ed's 35-44. (By the way, I barely make it into that age group...) Am I a Nehemiah? When God lays a vision on my heart, do I take the reigns and see it through? I hope so. I want to. Jamie says that I keep too many irons in the fire. I think that just a woman's perogative. There are so many things that I think I could make better. It's a sickness really. I wish that I could care less about things most of the time. It's not gonna happen. (Unless we're talking about doing the laundry) There's just so many more worthy things I could be doing than laundry. To bad its kind of a necessity. I would rather end my life with memories of great experiences, than memories of piles of perfectly folded towels and baskets of sorted socks. (p.s. I hate socks.) Give me an experience over stuff anyday!!! Time spent with family, friends, and Jesus are the things that get me through this life. My way of living may not stimulate the economy, but its not gonna break my bank!!! Just think of how much we could save on our power and water bill if we didn't have to do laundry. Adam and Eve screwed up a good thing for us. Clothes are expensive, time consuming, and lets face it...binding. Don't worry preacher, I'll keep mine on. I'm just a conforminst I guess.

4 comments:

  1. Good Luck with this project Stephanie, I think you'll find it rewarding and also very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this and may steal the idea. I can't wait for the restaurant reviews. I think you need an extra opinion for the reviews so I should go with you and Missy sometimes especially if it involves Mexican or Italian. You are a great writer and I will follow your epiphanies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way Nuts About Nature is Melanie Hughey. I had to create a blog for a class I took.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, well, well...look who has joined the blog world!:-) I'm so glad you did! I can't wait to keep up with you this way. AND....I can't wait for the first restaurant review! That's going to be fun, fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete