Saturday, April 11, 2009

Steph's Review on the Huntin Camp BBQ & Grill


Ray Stevens wrote a song about this subject...BBQ. I am not the biggest BBQ fan in the world. I mean I can come up with lots of other kinds of food that I would like to eat. However, the Huntin Camp BBQ and Grill on Highway 25 North of Travelers Rest is about the best that I've had. After a Saturday evening revival service, Jamie and I were driving past there looking for something to eat. We've heard good stuff about it, so we wheeled in. It was 9:05 and they were standing around outside talking to customers who were leaving. We hollered out, "What time do you close?" and they replied, "9:00". Jamie told them, "No problem and we'll catch you next time!" Grady McCombs, the owner, told us to come on in if we wanted to eat off the buffet. The wait staff were so gracious and brought us out fresh hush puppies!! We got chopped bbq, bbq chicken, bbq hash, and veggies off the buffet. Excellent!! They had a sweet potato crunch that should have been on the dessert menu!! I had that and the peach cobbler. The next week, we called back over at lunch time, for take out. I had the "smoked chicken salad sandwich". Incredibly good. It is a very clean, very rustic, very friendly environment. Go there and try it for yourself. I give this 4 out of 5 Stars!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment